Customer Agreement with Agent
I hereby confirm that:
- I authorise Red Oak personal financial ltd t/a Red Oak to act as my exclusive agent with the Revenue Commissioners for the current tax year, the four preceding tax years and on an ongoing basis until termination is received by email or post of request to terminate the service.
- I commit to fully disclose to Red Oak all information regarding my income, taxes, assets and personal circumstances that may impact on my tax assessment. I acknowledge responsibility for any discrepancies in the information I provide and commit to reviewing each finalised tax statement produced by Revenue for inaccuracies and omissions.
- I understand that these terms and conditions relate to Red Oak’s commission based returns service. We reserve the right to withdraw our offer to complete your tax return on a commission basis or may propose providing the service on a fixed fee basis, for example where there are returns outstanding, or where returns have already been made for a tax year or where you have additional incomes or complicating circumstances.
- I understand that Red Oak’s commission based returns service is suitable for natural persons who are resident, ordinarily resident and domiciled in the Republic of Ireland. If you are not resident, ordinarily resident and domiciled in Ireland or are unsure of your residency and domicile status this needs to be disclosed before commencement of service.
- I understand that while Red Oak will attempt to achieve my maximum allowable tax refund, the Revenue Commissioners have the final say on the refund amount due. I understand that Revenue may subsequent to a refund claim being made or completed request receipts and documents to support items claimed.
- I authorise Red Oak to receive and process any refunds due to me and remit the refund less their commission by bank transfer. I agree a commission rate of 9%+VAT of refunds received subject to a minimum fee of €23.57+VAT for each tax year a refund is due, unless other rates agreed however, if no refund is due there is no charge.
- I will provide Red Oak with verifiable payment information to allow payment of the refund by either bank transfer or cheque. Where verifiable bank details have not been received within 3 days of receipt of a client refund, Red Oak will arrange payment of the refund by cheque subject to a €20 administration fee. There is no administration fee for client refunds made by bank transfer.
- Where the Customer comprises two natural persons arising from the fact that they are jointly assessed for tax by the Taxing Authority. I understand that the Customer comprises each of them and each of them shall be jointly and severally liable for the obligations of the Customer under these Terms. Additionally, I understand that where the Customer is a natural person, the Customer includes their personal representative or successor at law. Where the Customer comprises two natural persons who are jointly assessed by the Taxing Authority, each of you agree, that Red Oak may exercise our rights under these Terms in respect of each of you and you agree that we may pay any refund to you jointly.
- I understand that Red Oak reserves the right to charge an annual fee of €50 for the maintenance of refunds received on my behalf and maintained in their client account. The charge will commence a year after a refund has been received and remains unpaid and subsequent to 3 emails and 2 phone communications attempts being made to the email address and phone number I provided requesting payment details.
- Where I receive the refund direct from Revenue, I agree to send the agreed commission to Red Oak within a period of 5 days by way of electronic fund transfer (EFT) or bank draft. At the expiration of that period, any outstanding amount on the account will be subject to interest by virtue of the Statutory Interest on Late Payments (Commercial Transactions) Regulations 2002.
- I agree that Red Oak may: (a) disclose my confidential information to such of their respective employees, officers, representatives, subcontractors or advisers who need to know such information for the purposes of carrying out their respective obligations under the Contract; and (b) disclose my confidential information to the Taxing Authority. If me the Customer comprises two natural persons, this right of disclosure shall apply to confidential information in relation to each of us; and (c) communicate our confidential information to third parties without our consent where Red Oak is required to do so by any governmental, banking, taxation, supervisory or other similar body or by the rules of any stock exchange; or information is requested to be disclosed in connection with and for the purposes of any administrative or other investigations.
Our Promise to You
We take great pride in our personal service and we apply all due diligence and care to your refund application and personal information. Specifically:
- We will email and text the same day to let you know your application form has arrived and to confirm the next steps. We will begin registration as your tax agent immediately. It takes 3-5 working days for Revenue to register us as your tax agent.
- The Revenue Commissioners will send both you as customer and us as agent a copy of a tax statement when a tax refund review is complete. We will check this statement the day it arrives to ensure it is as expected and contact you for your bank details to arrange payment if not already on file. Payment will be arranged within 3 working days of receipt of your payment details.
- We will retain and protect your personal information as per the relevant data protection legislation.
This update: 10th August 2023