Customer Agreement with Agent
I hereby confirm that:
- I have not filed an Income Tax Return in Ireland for the assessable years and I authorise red oak personal financial ltd t/a Red Oak to act as my exclusive agent with the Revenue Commissioners for the current tax year, the four preceding tax years and on an ongoing basis until termination is received by email or post of request to terminate the service.
- I commit to fully disclose to Red Oak all information regarding my income, taxes, assets and personal circumstances that may impact on my tax assessment. I acknowledge responsibility for any discrepancies in the information I provide and commit to reviewing each finalised tax statement produced by Revenue for inaccuracies and omissions.
- These terms and conditions relate to our commission based returns service. We reserve the right to withdraw our offer to complete your tax return on a commission basis and may propose a more appropriate service.
- Our commission based returns service is suitable for natural persons who are resident, ordinarily resident and domiciled in the Republic of Ireland. If you are not resident, ordinarily resident and domiciled in Ireland or are unsure of your residency and domicile status this needs to be disclosed before commencement of service.
- I understand that while Red Oak will attempt to achieve my maximum allowable tax refund, the Revenue Commissioners have the final say on the refund amount due. I understand that Revenue may subsequent to a refund claim being made or completed request receipts and documents to support items claimed.
- I authorise Red Oak to receive and process any refunds due to me and remit the refund less their commission by bank transfer. I agree a commission rate of 9% + VAT of refunds received subject to a minimum fee of €29 for each tax year a refund is due, however, if no refund is due there is no charge.
- I understand that Red Oak reserves the right to charge an annual fee of €50 for the maintenance of refunds received on my behalf and maintained in their client account. The charge will commence a year after a refund has been received and remains unpaid and subsequent to 3 emails and 2 phone communications attempts being made to the email address and phone number I provided requesting payment details.
- Where I receive the refund direct from Revenue, I agree to send the agreed commission to Red Oak within a period of 5 days by way of electronic fund transfer (EFT) or bank draft. At the expiration of that period, any outstanding amount on the account will be subject to interest by virtue of the Statutory Interest on Late Payments (Commercial Transactions) Regulations 2002.
Our Promise to You
We take great pride in our personal service and we apply all due diligence and care to your refund application and personal information. Specifically:
- We will email and text the same day to let you know your application form has arrived and to confirm the next steps. We will begin registration as your tax agent immediately. It takes 3-5 working days for Revenue to register us as your tax agent.
- The Revenue Commissioners will send both you as customer and us as agent a copy of a tax statement when a tax refund review is complete. We will check this statement the day it arrives to ensure it is as expected and contact you for your bank details to arrange payment if not already on file. Payment will be arranged within 3 working days of receipt of your payment details.
- We will retain and protect your personal information as per the relevant data protection legislation.
This update: 20/05/2021